About Baldauf Construction Co.
For more than 130 years, Baldauf Construction Co. has been providing construction services in Marion, Oh and the surrounding communities. Founded in 1882 as J.B. & Sons Construction by John Baldauf, the company got its start building for the farming community – primarily barns and other farm structures.
Its focus remained on the agriculture community it served until the 1930’s, when John’s sons, Fred & Owen, took over the business. They changed the company name to Baldauf Construction Co. and expanded the operation to include commercial and industrial projects. The company continued to grow and in the mid-1960’s Fred’s son John became president.
In 1972, Baldauf became and authorized Butler Building Dealer and now specializes in the construction of pre-engineered steel buildings. This association with a world leader in the design and manufacture of non-residential construction systems and components has given Baldauf an advantage in the commercial and industrial building sector.
Jeff Baldauf, John’s son, took over the company leadership in 1997. The company is now a full-service contractor, meaning they can design, build or serve as general contractors or construction managers, depending on the method which bests serves the client’s needs. The backbone of Baldauf’s construction reputation is their on-site superintendents and foreman who insist on on-budget, on-time projects and perform proper inspections and oversight to ensure the highest quality.